The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program is a special supplemental food program for women, infants and children up to the age of 5 administered by the New York State Department of Health. All applicants must be income-eligible and have a medical or nutritional risk. The WIC Program provides nutritious foods such as milk, cheese, yogurt, fresh vegetables and fruits, etc. along with nutrition education and advice, breastfeeding support and referrals to other services in the community. Please complete the NYS Department of Health WIC Program Medical Referral Form here prior to your first visit.
Who Is Eligible?
- Pregnant women
- Mothers of babies up to 6 months old
- Mothers of breastfeeding babies up to 12 months old
- Infants and children up to their 5th birthday
- Custodian fathers, caretakers, foster parents or legal guardians can apply for their children
- Residents of New York State
- Those who meet rules on income limits or receive benefits from Medicaid, SNAP or TANF
- Those who have a dietary need
(You can receive WIC even if you are not a US citizen or you or other household members are working.)
What Proofs You Need to Bring With You
- One proof of who you are (identity)
- One proof of where you live (residency)
- One proof of income for everyone in your household (income)
- One proof that you are eligible to receive WIC (referral)
Below is the contact and location information for each of Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center’s four WIC locations. If you would like to make an appointment to discuss your eligibility, please contact the location most convenient for you:
New York State WIC participants now purchase WIC foods using an electronic benefits transfer (EBT) card called eWIC. This will make shopping for WIC foods easier for WIC families. An eWIC card is like a debit card and you can use it to purchase WIC-approved foods at stores that accept WIC. Your local agency will add your family’s benefits to your eWIC account.
We welcome patients from Brooklyn, Jamaica, Queens, Far Rockaway, Arverne, Red Hook, Rockaway, Ozone Park, Inwood, Long Island and surrounding communities. Please call 718.945.7150 or use our online form to request an appointment.