Patient Information in New York
Quality healthcare should be a comfort for you and your family. That’s why we strive to provide exceptional family, women, infants and children’s medical care in a welcoming, confidential and comfortable environment. You can count on the staff at Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center and our medical team to deliver complete care when you need it. We welcome patients from Brooklyn, Jamaica, Queens, Far Rockaway, Arverne, Red Hook, Rockaway, Inwood, Long Island and close-by communities.
We are happy to help with your scheduling, insurance concerns or anything else you may need. We listen, answer your questions and thoroughly explain your condition and treatment options. To schedule your visit, please call 718.945.7150 for information. Please notify us 24 hours in advance if you must cancel your appointment. We will gladly reschedule at a more favorable time.
Understandably, there are times when you might have to cancel a medical appointment for very valid reasons: child care, transportation, work schedules, etc. When this happens, it is very important that you take the time to cancel your appointment and reschedule.
It matters to a lot of people when you don’t show up for a doctor’s appointment and it affects you in ways you might not realize:
- First and foremost, it matters to your own health and well-being. Missing an appointment to monitor your medical condition could result in your condition becoming worse, leading to an unnecessary emergency room visit or even hospitalization.
- If we know a patient is not coming ahead of time, we can adjust our schedules – meaning your waiting time could be reduced, you could see the doctor sooner and our medical team will have more time to prepare for your visit.
- It affects other patients who are waiting to see the doctor.
- When you call to cancel an existing appointment and reschedule an appointment, you will be first in line to get a rescheduled appointment.
Some people believe that not showing up will help the scheduling in a busy health center – this is absolutely not true. When an appointment is made, we consider the complexity of a patient’s issues and appointment times and appointment duration times are carefully made. A disruption in the workflow is just that – a disruption that affects everyone – including your health and your valuable time.
Thank you for not being a “NO-SHOW”!
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is a policy of the Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center to make its health and medical care facilities and services available to all persons without regard to sex, race, physical or mental handicap or disability, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, age, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran`s status, creed, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including refusal to submit to genetic testing or make available the results of a genetic test), gender, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, nationality, liability for military service, ethnicity, culture, language, socioeconomic status, pregnancy, familial status, perceived disability, diagnosis, ability to pay, source of lawful income or source of payment or any other basis deemed protected under federal, state or local law. Such harassment and discrimination is unlawful and shall not be tolerated.
We accept Medicaid, Medicare, CHIP and most other forms of health insurance, including but not limited to the following:
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Emblem Health – GHI/HIP
- United Healthcare Empire Plan
- United Healthcare/Oxford
- Access Medicare
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield/HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Delta Dental
- Beacon Health Options
- Beacon Health Strategies
- Managed Health Network
Please call us to verify whether we are participating with your plan. If you don’t have insurance, we have a sliding-fee scale based on family size and income to determine uninsured and underinsured patients’ cost of care.
Billing and Financial Responsibility
Please call us if you have any questions regarding a billing statement and we will be happy to assist you.
For Your Convenience
- Cash, check, credit/debit cards accepted
- Five convenient locations
- Walk-ins welcome
- On-site pharmacies and laboratory
- Ample parking and near public transportation
Health Insurance Access Program
Funded by the New York State Department of Health, our IPA/Navigator program provides free, affordable or low-cost health insurance enrollment services to potential and current enrollees. This program:
- Educates potential and current enrollees about New York State of Health – The Official Health Plan Marketplace and the numerous health insurance plans available.
- Provides education on and facilitates enrollment into Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Essential Plan and Qualified Health Plans as well as a comparison of health insurance options with subsidies available upon qualification, offering new benefits, rights and protections with no annual or lifetime dollar limits.
- Offers culturally and linguistically diverse IPA/Navigators who are responsible for managing the various application stages from inception to retention.
- Assists potential and current enrollees with appeals, grievances, complaints and/or questions regarding their health insurance.
- Provides assistance to small businesses that are providing insurance to their employees through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP).
For more information, call 718.945.7150, ext. 2292 at the main office in Far Rockaway, NY.
You can download new-patient packets/forms as needed using the link below. Please print and complete the forms prior to your arrival. This will speed up your new-patient registration process.